Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 16:38:33 -0700
Have you tried starting in Safe Mode (pressing F8 after booting and
before XP starts to load). If it starts in Safe Mode, you can try seeing
if a System Restore to a date before this issue started solves the problem.

As a final resort you could set your BIOS to boot first to your CD drive
and then restart with the XP installation disk in the CD drive. Although
not very successful, you could chose Repair when that option is provided
and see if it works. Otherwise a re-installation should get you going
again. I hope you have a backup of any critical data. I would wait to
see what other suggestions you may receive before doing a re-installation.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Ron Smith wrote:
> My desktop, four years old (Athlon AMD sempron processor 900MHz, running Win XP on a Sapphire A3 m275 MB) has seized up to the point where booting only gets as far as the Win XP logo, then the BSOD appears saying 'A problem has been detected and WinXP has ben shut down to prevent damage. Page_fault_in_nonpaged _area
>
> Fatal error: prevents setup from continuing. Setup failed to install the product catalogues. Setup lg files should contain more info.Log file: C:\win\setuperr.log  error code fffffc06
>
> This situation arose when Internet Explorer failed to download AVG and then System Restore displayed the message 'rstrui.exe corrupt file. Then WinXP wouldn't restart and it proved impossible to reinstall or repair, finally leading to the impasse.
>
> How can I get out of this? Wasit caused by inadvertently deleting a file during a disk or registry cleanup? Any help will be welcome.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml