Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 18:32:47 -0700
Hi,
I recently got a new truck, and as I am somewhat anal and did this with my
previous car, (Except what I am trying to do here) I have created a gasoline
usage log in Excel. I have no problem making the table, entering the cost,
mileage, mpg etc. What I am unable to do is to have totals, and total
averages on a separate sheet. I can do this on the same sheet. It looks like
a pivot table may be the ticket, but I have been trying all afternoon to
make a functional one to no avail. It looks to me like the "average" formula
isn't available in a pivot table or I haven't a clue how to do it. So the
question(s) are:
How do I make a formula, or export data into an average on a separate sheet?
If I use a pivot table, how do I get it to do averages?
My table looks like this, (if it translates to email....)

A                  B                                        C
D                       E                     F
Date            Price per gallon                Miles Driven
Odometer        Quantity        MPG
4/2/00          1.51                                    300
4325                 15.3                 19.2
Etc. etc. etc.

On sheet 2 I would like the total amount of gas, the average of my MPG, the
average of  miles driven and the like.
Ie:
                Column A        Column B
Row1    Average MPG       20.32          from the "F" column on sheet above
Row2    Average Gallons   18.6           from the "E" column on sheet above
Etc....
Thanks for any light an Excel expert can shed on this for me.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html