Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rob Elsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:13:54 -0400
Demetri -

1)  Here is a suggestion.  If I understood your intent, it may help
you.  If I've misinterpreted what you are asking, then I'm all wet,
but ... give it a shot.  Note:  I'm using Win 98SE.

Try this:  Start > Settings > Taskbar & Start Menu > Start Menu
Programs > Remove?  At the Remove Shortcuts/Folders Window select
those programs that you wish to remove from the Start Program Menu.
Note:  A quicker way to do this is place mouse on taskbar, right
click, and select "Properties" - it will bring up the same window for
you to proceed.

The location of these programs are at C:\WINDOWS\Start
Menu\Programs\StartUp.

Another location to look at is C:\WINDOWS\All Users\Start
Menu\Programs\StartUp to see if some programs that have been placed
there that you do not want.

Hope this helps - if it is applicable to your original question, but I
don't think this is what you're asking.

2)  Another way I interpret what you indicated by your questions is
"Executable programs begin running at startup, you, forwhatever
reason, terminate these programs during  a work session, but upon
restarting your system, these programs begin executing (re-enabling
themselves) again and you have to go through the same process of
terminating them again.   How are you terminating them?
CNTRL-ALT-DEL, then "End Task"?  What are these tasks (programs) that
you would like to disable permanently?  Can you give me examples?

Some system tasks are built into the OS and automatically run as
scheduled , i.e., at start-up, hence may be your reference to need
getting into the registry.  Strongly recommend against this unless you
truely understand the potential mishaps that can occur.  Also, you
most definitely should backup your register before attempting such
action.  Using regedit.exe you can edit the registry.  Before
undertaking this effort, recommend you read about regedit as much as
you can, if you are not familiar with this program.  Good luck!

Rob E.