Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 19:41:28 -0400
On Track http://www.ontrack.com/  makes very good data recovery software.
They have a trial version of their Easy Recovery software for download. It
will not recover files but it will show if the files can be recovered.
However I ran the trial on a hard disk that I was having partition problems
with and it corrected the problems. The pro version of the software does
have a utility to recover office type files.
Not sure of this, but I don't think that Outlook Express uses pst files,
Outlook does but I don't think that Outlook Express does. I think that you'd
have to use the export function to recover those e-mails. I'm sure that
someone else can give you more information on that than I can.

William Pike

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Terry Boerner
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 11:22 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Data recovery

I'm currently working on a Toshiba laptop and the hard drive is on it's last
leg.
This person uses ACT software for her sales job.  She has over 800 clients
in
this application and I cannot perform a backup.  It keeps failing or the
laptop
just shuts down.  I was able to copy most of the info and got it to work on
her new laptop but when I copied the email directory under ACT and copied
that to her new laptop I cannot read any of the old emails when I access
ACT.  I did
check off read only but still no luck.  Everything else seems to work fine.
She has all 800+ of her clients that I copied over but when she clicks the
associated email with a client nothing happens. She uses Outlook express
which
is associated with ACT.  Should I be copying the .pst file? Any suggestions?
Is there any data recovery shareware out there?  Thanks for your help.

Terry

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml