Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 00:27:01 -0600
Wayne writes:

<<I am working on a machine... It's been giving error messages lately>>

Don't discount overheating problems whenever Windows starts giving
apparently unrelated and random error messages or indulges in otherwise
erratic behaviour.

First, do a registry restoration--go right back as far as you can, assuming
you do have registry backups.  If you don't, you may have to restore from
"system 1st", which is the copy of registry files Windows makes on the
first install.

Second, remove the case and check fans for intermittent sticking.  A fan on
the way out, or gummed up with dust, may intermittently stop/go, so leave
the case open and keep an eye on all fans during operation.

Third, give the internals, especially around air intakes, a good blowout.
Be careful not to blow dirt INTO the machine.

Apart from that, it sounds as if there may be a number of differing and
unrelated problems.  If they've all developed over time, perhaps you should
think about a reformat.  I'm assuming everything was once AOK and stable.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml