Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 13:45:33 -0300
The only bootable media you have is IDE-0, and for some reason it is not
visible to your computer anymore.  Either the connection is loose (you
probably already looked), the BIOS was changed (does anyone else have access
to your computer or your battery is dying?) or something  happened to the
startup files on the hard drive. First, I would find a boot floppy or CD and
verify the hard drive is still there (you might have to enter the BIOS to
change the boot order).  You can replace the system files responsible for
booting by typing C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\SYS C: (or use the SYS.COM from your
floppy or CD if it is there).  If this  doesn't work, error messages or it
takes a very long time, the drive may be going south, you might want to try
SCANDISK to repair the  drive.  Let us know how you are proceeding.
Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza, Brazil

RE:  Date:    Sat, 2 Aug 2003 09:20:52 -0600
From:    Neil Zimmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Searching For Boot Record IDE-0

When my computer is booting up it goes fast until it gets through the
preliminary run it has across the botttom of the screen: Searching for
boot record IDE-0 followed by a short pause and then the screen goes
blank for what seems like forever. I'm using Windows 98SE, in a AMD
Duron 800 mhz cpu with 512 ram. HD is 4 gig.
Thanks in advance Neil

                       http://freepctech.com/rode