Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"M. Jelley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 10:12:01 -0500
The advice regarding Win95 passwords was very timely as I have been having
basically the same problem as Mick has had.  So while I was reading along,
I did what was advised.  The difference in what happened and what should
have happened are listed below:
>When the password prompt for Win95 comes up this time, be sure
>something (like "Mick") is entered in the login box
Did that !

> and that the password box is empty.  Press enter (or click OK).
At this point it errored and refused to let me continue until I'd entered
my password.

>It should ask you to confirm your non-existent password.  Press enter
>again (or click OK).
NOT !

>2.  Once you take care of the above steps, you should now be given the
>option of checking "remember my password" when you log on to the >nternet,
so that *after* you've done everything in number one, and >after* the next
time you log on to the internet (and entered your >password with the
"remember" checked), you
>should not be asked for that password again.
Am striving for this as I often walk away during logon and really wish all
mail would be downloaded by the time I get back.  But invariably, the "log
on to Windows" banner

The following theories are excellent information and I for one, really
appreciate having them on file for referral.
>The theory behind this:  In order for Windows 95 to have a working
>password file (which includes the password for Win95 itself, for Dialup
>networking, and a few other things), you must "log on" to your >computer
each time you restart it.

>If you get a password screen at Win95 startup, and use the ESC key
>instead of entering a logon name and password, you have NOT logged >on to
Windows 95, and you have NOT activated a password file.  >Therefore, you
won't be able to get IE4 or Dialup Networking to >remember a password -- as
far as Win95 is concerned, there is no >active password file in which to
store such a password.

>The reason one should choose "Windows" logon instead of "Client for
>Microsoft  Networks" logon is in order to bypass the startup logon
>screen, while still enabling the password file for such things as dialup
>networking.  People on a network who have to use a real password to >logon
should use the default "Client for Microsoft Networks".

Thanks to Roxanne for her advice and I'd still like to get thru this
password thing a little more smoothly!

Marianne Jelley
------
"If men can run the world, why can't they stop wearing neckties? How
intelligent is it to start the day by tying a little noose around your
neck?" --- Linda Ellerbee