Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:39:40 +1300
You might find that your hard drive has a folder containing all of your
Windows setup files, in which case you need to 'point' the computer to that
location, rather than the CD drive.

A typical location is a folder named 'Options' within the Windows folder, or
maybe 'Cabs'.

If your computer came with recovery CD disks, the files will there, but not
accessible.

An easier way is to navigate to our own list's website at:
http://freepctech.com (find the link at the bottom of every post)
where you'll find startup disks for most systems.

Or, you can create a simple startup disk like this:
Insert a floppy disk
Open My Computer
Right click A drive
Select 'Format'
In the next window, put a dot beside 'Full'
Put a check beside 'System Files'
Hit 'Start'

There's another way:
Go to Start\Run
Type 'Command' (no quotes) then hit Enter
A DOS-Prompt window will open
It's last line will probably read:  C:\Windows\Desktop>
Type   CD..  (CD dot dot) then hit Enter .This takes you back a level.
The line should now read:  C:\Windows
Now type  format a: /s   and hit Enter

As in the previous method, this produces a simple boot disk which is enough
for most folk's purposes.  The full version adds many more files, but
there's no need for these if you only want to boot into DOS.

BTW - The term 'Startup' disk is something of a misnomer; a Startup disk
will not START UP Windows, but just boot it into DOS.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Becky" Subject: [PCSOFT] Backup Disk

I went to Control Panel/ Add/Remove/Start Up Disk/Create Disk and it
prompted me to insert Windows 98 CD.  I don't have one and never did have
one.  Windows 98 came installed on this IBM Aptiva and I am the original
owner.  My documentation "in the box" did not include a Windows 98 CD.  So
how do I make a start up disk?

Becky Buehrer

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com