Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John O Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:33:17 -0500
If you understand async. serial communications enough, have you
double-checked that both the serial port on the computer and the serial
port on the printer are using the same handshaking?  Sounds to me like
you might be getting a buffer overrun situation once the buffer in the
printer fills up, but nothing's telling the computer to stop sending data
while the buffer empties.  If you can't tell what the printer's port is
set for or don't know how to change it, try changing the settings for the
PC's serial port from hardware to software handshaking (or vice-versa).
Most likely, you'll need to do this through Control Panel -> System ->
Device Manager -> Ports -> Properties (with the Com2 port highlighted) ->
Port Settings -> Flow Control (Software handshaking is also known as
Xon-Xoff).  First, though, check through all of the properties of your
printer driver itself to make sure it doesn't somehow directly control
the port and have settings of its' own. (These instructions were for
Win95, but NT should be similar.)

John Wilson
-JOWj.

"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]