Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 01:42:34 -0400
I cut out some of my questions and answers, Thanks

SFC: I never ran it on any computer before... The CDs look
legit and were from a dot-com, with new MBs, etc,
MS number from both disks: 0601 Part No. X08-33951
"For Distribution with a New PC only"
I fiddled with several installs on this one machine several times
before I was happy with the results...
Did you know a USB Zip drive can wind up as "C"? I though
if I unplugged it all the drive letters would slide around...
WinXP is good about that sort of stuff - finally...

I made one CD-Clone copy and might have installed from that.
(I usually test my CD-Clones, so it would not surprise me...)

I also Ghosted this machine and installed the Ghost image back
onto a different harddrive with the same exact hardware to see if
a full system restore would work. This was before activation, so
THIS is the official installed WPA harddrive...
(I'm running the Ghost copy and have been for a month or two.)
Somewhere along the line something got corrupted or screwed up...
I don't think it really should have, but then again I'm real new to XP,
(jumped from Win95B straight to Win-XP-Pro...)

I've had a computer long enough to realize that when you start
loosing certain main OS or system functions (like DDE, DDE Server,
OLE, or OLE Automation) it is generally all downhill from there...

I just wanted to see if anyone had a "silver bullet", or knew of a sure
fire fix I had overlooked.

I don't have time for a full re-install right now, and am organizing
things to move off this drive sometime in the next several months if
I can't fix it properly.   Thanks for your answer.  Rick Glazier

From: "Rick Penlington" <[log in to unmask]>
>Second, Yes the Run is 'the right place'! It sounds like neither of the
>CD's you have are the one that was used for the original installation,
>would this be correct? sniped
>I have also run SFC /SCANNOW from my Run line, and it runs (slowly) with
>no problems, using the original installation media.

>>When I type SFC /SCANNOW in the Run box, it tells me my (two) FACTORY MS
>>CD(s), the OEM, bought with (2) motherboard type is the incorrect CD. (I
>>bought two CDs with two keys.) The CD drive works in all other ways, and
>>Explorer sees the files on THAT CD. I get the same EXACT message with or
>>with-out the CD. (That seems odd in itself.) (Ummm,  Question: Is the
>>RUN box the right place?)

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml