Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:04:10 -0600
Lynn never just delete .dll files.  Make a folder called Backupdlls and move the
dlls the program is saying you no longer need into that folder.  Some of the
programs will do that for you but I never trust them, I move the dll files out
myself.  Then if I try to use a program and it tells me I'm missing a certain
.dll I go to that folder and move that one back into the Windows System file.
After about 30 days if I see I really don't need them then I delete them.

I've never heard of cleaning out orphan ini files, someone else will have to
comment on that one.

Hope this helps
Linda Aldridge

Dear List,

I use Remove It 95 to delete orphan files like .dll's and .ini's. The
problem I'm having is trying to determine what program or programs uses
that specific .dll. Is the program even still on the hard drive. Remove
It tells me that I have 76 orphan .dll's taking up 13,462,910 bytes, here
are an example of what comes up:

Autodesk Windows Animation Player:> Version 1.02
C:\Windows\System\AAPLAY.DLL  06/25/1993  137,232

Windows 32-bit Executable
C:\Windows\System\LFFAX61N.DLL  08/01/1996  176,128

Full-text Indexer
C:\Windows\System\MVIX14W.DLL  09/28/1995  60,928

I have no idea what programs use these .dll's and most reside in Windows\
System. I don't want to delete any file and then find out that some
program using that file won't work because it can't find the link it
needs. I've also run Clean System Directory but it only comes up with
about 20-30 .dll's. Who do you believe? How do you find out what program
is referenced by these .dll's.

TIA
Lynn

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.