Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Barry Marx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:28:27 -0500
Don Penlington wrote:

> Cheeta and Tony both refer to the browser's "history" file.  The question
> is (which is what the original enquirer was seeking)----where is this data
> stored?
>
> Sure, we can "view" the history. But where is it?  And I'm not totally
> convinced that the "visited" pages are directly linked to the history data
> in any event. Why?  Because the colored links seem to outlive the history
> data.  My history goes back 14 days (I think that's the default setting).
> But my colored links survive for months.
>
> That tells me that there is little or no correlation between "history" and
> "visited links".

One thing I have found in looking into this question is the location of the
history data.  I appears to be stored in hidden folders under
c:\documents and settings\barry\local settings\history\history.ie5, where
"barry" is my username, and would be subsitituted with the correct
login name you wanted to investigate

Experimenting a little more, I went to Tools | Internet Options, and cleared
the history.  Sure enough, clearing the history also had the side effect of
resetting the color of previously visited links.  So there apparently is a
connection.

However, when the problem initially occurred several days ago due to the
mentioned crash, the history information was still there, but the link
coloring was
gone.  This would seem to indicate that the color information is stored
somewhere
besides the history files.

This is of interest to me because I decided to try to go through most of the
15000 messages in a Yahoo group about dog training.  The link coloring
makes it much easier to keep track of which messages have or haven't been
read.

The crash that caused the link coloring to be lost is not something that
happens frequently (maybe every six months or so).  I suspect, but don't
know for
sure, that it is related to older versions of software I am still running.

Thanks,
Barry

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml