Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:51:00 -0600
Bruce wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know how to tell Adobe Photoshop not to store temporary
>graphic files on the C: Drive? I have Photoshop installed on my second
>partition (D:) with 3 Gb available, but it seems to want to save all of
>the temporary graphic files on C: and I only have 400 Mb free on C: so
>that the drive fills up within minutes and an error message pops up "Not
>enough space on drive c:" and another that commands can no longer be
>carried out. I cannot free up more space on C: without repartitioning or
>reinstalling a lot of programs. I am certain it must be possible to get
>Photoshop to put it's files somewhere else. I would be most indebted for
>any help.

I believe that you can designate which drive is the scratch under
preferences.  You did not say which version of PhotoShop you are using but
in PhotoShop 5, the preferences are found under the "File".  Select scratch
disk and it gives you a selection for the scratch disk and 3 other disks, by
default c is the scratch disk.  I have my scratch disk on d, and then have
two other drives selected when the D drive is filled.  Hope this is what you
are looking for.  Be aware that PhotoShop 4 and under, does not get rid of
its temporary files so you may want to flush your scratch disk once in
awhile.

Mary Wolden

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com