Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:14:37 -0600
Hello Carol,

I would venture to say your situation and experience with AVG was an
exception. Except for Windows NT, I have used AVG on every Windows operating
system from Win 95 to the latest and have installed it on countless other
systems without encountering any compatibility problems or any problems with
it not working properly. avast! is a good program and, as I stated, I have
used it. Prior to the release of the new AVG I think they were about equal
in effectiveness with AVG having the edge on ease of setup and use,
especially for the novice computer user. After having used the new AVG, I
now think it is the better program in all aspects and recommend it.

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carol" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, November 21, 2004 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] AV programs

This might be a place where Win98SE doesn't work with another program.
I don't know that for sure, but I do know that I couldn't get AVG to
work correctly on my Win98SE system.  (Might not have been Win98SE, I
don't know.)  I tried it twice - downloaded , installed, then
uninstalled and downloaded again, with the same faulty results.  Avast!
would work, but not AVG.  It loaded ok, but it kept telling it had found
and fixed a virus, even after the boot up screen said no viruses were
detected.  I ran all kinds of virus scans and there really was no virus.
(This was about a year ago, so I know no virus was lurking.)   I didn't
realize it wasn't working either for about a month, so I guess I was
lucky I didn't get a virus.
Carol Hanson

> Hi Christi,
>
> I have used both AVG and avast!. Both are free for home use and both
provide
> free updates. This month AVG released a new version of the free
edition that
> is a vast improvement over the previous version 6. I have used it
since it
> was released for beta testing and to sum it up, I'm impressed. I
recommend
> AVG but you may want to compare. Here are links to both.
>
> AVG7 Free Anti-Virus
> http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5
>
> Free avast! 4 Home Edition
>
> Sven Swanson, Sr.