Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Eddie Apostol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:10:46 -0500
>Hi,
>
>I have WinZip for Win95 and have been looking for the mechanism to span
>floppies.  How do you get it to span floppies?
>
>Kevin Nowicki

To quote from the WinZip Help section ...

"To work with Zip files that span multiple disks, you need to install either
the freely downloadable beta test WinZip Disk Spanning Add-On or the MS-DOS
text mode program PKZIP 2.04g from PKWARE."

For WinZip to span, you should also have PKZIP 2.04g or higher for DOS
installed in a separate directory than WINZip (i.e. in a directory called
PKZIPDOS, which I have).  Then in Winzip, go to Options in the file menu ,
then choose program locations.  There will be two fields where it asks to
provide the locations for PKZIP and PKUNZIP for DOS.  Just fill in the
appropriate locations where these files are placed and voila!  You will have
the spanning option enabled...

I have cited more detailed instructions below....

Installing the Free Disk Spanning Add-On
Download the disk spanning add-on from the WinZip web site (www.winzip.com)
or the “WinZip Beta” library in the GO WINZIP area on CompuServe.  Then run
the self-extracting Zip file for an automatic installation.

Installing PKZIP 2.04g
Here are step by step instructions for installing the MS-DOS releases of
PKZIP and PKUNZIP version 2.04.

1. PKZIP and PKUNZIP are distributed as a self-extracting archive called
PK204G.EXE.  First download PK204G.EXE from your favorite online service.
2. Use the File Manager or Explorer to create the folder C:\PKZIP.  You can
use a different folder but then you will need to substitute that folder name
in the following instructions.
3. Use the File Manager or Explorer to copy PK204G.EXE from your download
folder to the C:\PKZIP folder.
4. Double click on PK204G.EXE to run it.  This will cause the files in
PK204G.EXE to "self-extract" into the C:\PKZIP folder.  Then go back and
delete C:\PKZIP\PK204G.EXE, as it is not needed for day-to-day work with
PKZIP and WinZip.

5. Start WinZip.  Pull down the Options menu and select Program Locations.
6. In the PKZIP and PKUNZIP fields in the Program Locations dialog box type

 c:\pkzip\pkzip.exe
 c:\pkzip\pkunzip.exe

and press the OK button.

regards,

Eddie Apostol
Multimedia Applications Developer and Instructor

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]