Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Yuki Taga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 11:33:47 +0900
On 11 Mar 00, at 23:37, Alan Guy wrote:

> I'm not a pro, like yourself (a 'gifted' amateur <g>, possibly),
> but I copied the following at a Microsoft site:

Hi Alan,

I don't know what constitutes a "pro", and I'm probably not one.  But I'm
not anything like a newbie either.  <g>

If this is a paste below, as you have indicated, then MS should be just a
bit embarrassed about it.

First of all, and not so importantly, there is no "Install/Uninstall" *tab*.
There is an "Install" *button*, as opposed to a tab.  <g>  But much
worse, when you hit "Install," of course, as number 2 instructs you to do,
you are prompted for the original installation medium, and the filename
of an executable to install.  Clearly, this is an error in the instruction set,
as we are trying to repair MSIE, not install something new.  Hitting the
"Install" button will never take us to where we see the options of adding a
component (to MSIE), repair Internet Explorer, or restore the previous
Windows configuration.  (And I don't think I'm going to find MSIE 5.01 on
my original build 1381 NT4 Server CD.)  <vbg>

So . . . skipping number 2 completely <g>, one goes to step 3, which
produces more predictable results.  Highlighting the selection and
choosing repair, however, presented me with an unexpected message:

"Internet Explorer 5 could not be repaired due to the following errors:

Unable to find the function 'DLLRegisterServer' in the file
'F:\WINNT\system32\comcat.dll.'  An error occurred calling
'DLLRegisterServer in F:\WINNT\System32\asctrls.ocx.  (HRESULT =
80004005)"

So, apparently I have at least one corrupt dll on the system.  :(
Now, the question is whether a re-install of 5.01 will fix this or not, as this
is what is recommended by the error message.  However, in my
experience, trying to re-install the latest MSIE always produces the error
"Setup has determined that the latest version of Internet Explorer is
already installed on your system.  Setup will not proceed."  But I shall try
again, and report my findings.  <g>

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/browse/default.asp?FR=0&SD=
> <begin paste>
>
> Installing Windows NT 4.0 Service Packs
> Over Internet Explorer 5.01
> ---------------------------------------
> If you reinstall a Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack after Internet
> Explorer 5.01 is installed on your computer, some components
> will need to be re-registered. To do this, carry out the
> following steps:
>
> 1. In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
> 2. Click the Install/Uninstall tab.
> 3. Click Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 and Internet Tools,
>    and then click the Add/Remove button.
> 4. Click Repair Internet Explorer, and then click OK.
> 5. After the repair operation is complete, restart your computer
>
> <end paste>
>
> AND
>
> <begin paste>
>
> Running Internet Explorer 5.01 on a Dual-Boot Operating System
>
> If you are running Internet Explorer 5.01 on a computer that is
> set up to dual boot between two operating systems on the same
> partition (for example, Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0), and you
> have configured the computer to share a single Program Files

My operating systems are all on their own dedicated partitions, and do
not share a Program Files folder.  I am pretty sure I am not mixing
system components or registry settings incorrectly like this.  I have only a
very limited number of programs like Pegasus, that are shared by all the
systems.  And this program worked fine for years.  So I suspect this is
not an issue for me.  That apparently corrupt dll, however . . .

Now, I wonder if I can get MSIE to install on top of itself.  <g>  I doubt it,
but here goes.  Will advise.

BTW, if this gives anyone any ideas, I had to re-create my phonebook
entry again last night.  First time in several days.  Third time since the
MSIE "upgrade".  I cannot associate any particular behavior or events
with the need to re-create this.  I have to re-create it because it suddenly
starts sending no, or an incorrect, password, apparently.  In any case,
I'm unable to logon to my ISP when this happens.

Thanks, Alan,

Yuki ^_^

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html