Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 23:39:46 -0600
Demetri writes:

<<I have been using IrfanView, and wonder if I would do better using
another program than IrfanView's Enhance colors for enhancing color
photos.>>

Depends what "enhancing" you want to do.  I have Irfan, CorelDraw and
PSP7.  For simply enhancing colors, brightness, contrast, etc, the answer
is no, Irfan seems to use exactly the same methods as the others.

But the others can do a lot of things you can't do in Irfan. On the other
hand, I've found Irfan superior to both those others for enlarging
photos--it has several quite  sophisticated enlargement filters.

For more complex functions, like selective adjustments, adding highlights,
retouching, shading, adding textures, scratch removal, superimposing,
altering perspective---the list goes on---then you have to go to one of the
more sophisticated programs. Adobe Photoshop is arguably the most
versatile, it seems to be the choice of most professionals. PSP at the
price is pretty good value, it seems to do most of what the expensive ones
can do unless you're into the professional stuff.

But---hey---at the price, Irfan is one great program. If you just want to
play around with simple color adjustments, you won't be any better off with
any other program I know of.

Don Penlington

Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com