Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:31:55 -0500
Anytime I see "crash, blue screen, lockup, etc." and Eudora in the same
sentence I immediately focus on low Windows Resources (not low RAM memory,
or overloaded CPU).  Eudora can use huge amounts of the finite Windows
resources and will cause these lockups and crashes.

I trouble shoot this problem with the PC's here at work all the time.  The
other big offender is Netscape.  So if you have both open at the same time
and get really carried away with Eudora and open a lot of folders and
emails at the same time, you will crash.

To confirm that is your problem, start Resource Meter (not System Monitor)
and minimize it to the system tray. It is in Start - Programs - Accessories
- System Tools.  Watch the color of the little graph.  When it turns from
green to yellow, you better close some Eudora folders or open messages or
close other applications.

This had fixed about 90 percent of the crashes for Eudora/Netscape
combination users here.  Our company has loaded a lot of background
"resource hog" programs on our machines so that we only stat with about 71
% available on re-boot.

BTW, programs such as MemTurbo or RAMBoost do not have any affect on
windows resources, only windows memory (not the same thing).

Doug

At 3/11/01 10:46 AM, Paul Tiwana wrote:

>Hi Friends,
>Sometime when i m closing Eudora( I think mostly in Eudora), I get the
>blue screen of death.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml