Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Closure <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:04:11 EST
Shortly, I will be installing a new hard drive on my HP Pavilion 8380 running
Win98.  Needless to say, I will have to install a whole lot of patches to
bring it up to snuff.  I figure my first stop, after installing operating
system off the recovery disk, Clean Sweep, GoBack and MSN8 will be Microsoft
Updates for Win98 and IE6.0 patches.  (IE6.0 is loaded with MSN8)

Because operating system reinstalls seem to be the solution to many problems,
I have another post to PSBUILD on setting up a partition for it.  However, my
concern is retaining all the patches, especially in light of Microsoft's
intention of abandoning Win98.  How do I isolate these patches for future
reinstalls?  I would like to have copies on my non-operating system
partitions, but also burn them to a CD in the event of hard drive failure.
Are there tutorials out there to accomplish this?

And, given that the registry seems to be the key to a lot of problems, too,
will GoBack be adequate, or will I have to establish a regimen of backing up
the registry to save the bacon?

Thanks for teaching me enough to ask these questions BEFORE I get in trouble!

William Closure