Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 23:07:58 -0700
  You can easily find information on the net about turning off the messenger
service, which will mean that you never see these....

  HOWEVER, the fact that you are getting them indicates that your machine is
wide open to the Internet using the "NetBIOS over TCP/IP" ports, which are
also used by Windows file sharing, and by various nasty things such as the
MS Blaster worm and its ilk.
  So *instead* of just disabling the service, I urge you to get and install
a good personal firewall (Zone Alarm has a free version you can
download...), and then visit grc.com and use the "Shields Up" tester to
verify that you are protected.  (If not, folks here can help you figure out
what else needs to be done....)

  This will keep out the pop-ups, and ALSO protect you from a horde of
nastier but less obvious problems.

David Gillett

On 12 Apr 2004 at 21:28, Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hello
>
> When I'm online I keep getting 'Messenger Service popups' offering me all
> kinds a spam type email
>
> Is there anyway I can stop this and prevent it happening again?
>
> TIA ... Mick
>
>                 Curious about the people moderating your
>                    messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                     http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml