Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Scott Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 1998 17:54:18 -0700
Phil,

Are you changin the file type to anything other than Word Documents or
Templates?

I had this happen on a PC with MS Word from Small Business installed.
The user was working with a file off an AS/400. When she opened it,
she changed the file type (I don't remember off hand the exact name)
and got the formatting info at the bottom. I deleted the information,
saved it again as file type Word Documents, and opened it without any
problems.

Scott Benson

---Phil Ferguson  wrote:

> Whenever I open an existing Word document, about two pages of
formatting
> information gets added to the bottom of it.  The problem sounds like a
> Word macro virus, but I've ran Norton AV and it found no viruses (I'm
> using the latest virus definition file too). I've replaced the
> normal.dot file, but that fix doesn't stay.  The "version" settings
from
> the File pull-down menu is turned off too.
>
> Has anyone run across anything like this before?  All the web sites
I've