Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 17:02:24 -0400
Hi Loy,

Yes,as I suggested in my previous post, you may want to check the Icon Cache and
adjust it upwards to reflect the number of icons on your Desktop as well as in
folders.Too low a setting will also affect how fast your icons are drawn in a folder
with many items.
To understand this problem,you'd have to understand what Windows Explorer does.
It not only loads your complete Desktop,but you also use it as a "file manager" ,
In principle it's  very mediocre way of dealing with these items,but that's M$ for
you.You can somewhat offset the interaction by loading 2 instances of explorer.exe.
You do this via Folder Options > View > tick  "Launch folder windows in a separate
process".

I would also encourage you to follow my advice given in my previous post as to
Services  and programs.

As to the number of icons on you Desktop : If you need all of them -try to group the
into related categories.
One way is to make a Toolbar via R-Click the Taskbar > Toolbars > New Toolbar

*Or use any of a number of program launchers.
One example would be A-Suite (also usable on a USB drive)
http://www.salvadorsoftware.com/software/asuite
There are many more - just do a search on program launchers.

Afterwards, you can get rid of all your desktop icons.Hide your Taskbar and end up
with a nice clean Desktop.
It's all up to you ;)

Peter E.