Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:32:08 -0800
On 25 Jan 2003, at 17:01, Jo Hagen wrote:

> One of my friends sends me lovely pictures (she has printed them out) but
> all I ever get on my PC is an empty box with a little red "X" in the top
> LH corner.  What am I lacking?

  What she has sent you is not a *copy* of the picture file, but a *link* to
it, still on her hard drive.  Unfortunately, it's probably a local "file:"
link rather than a remote "http:" link, so your email program is looking on
YOUR hard drive for a file that exists only on hers.

  Two basic ways she could fix this:

1.  Send the pictures as attachments, rather than trying to insert them
amongst the message text.  This would, however, require you to open the
attachments in order to see the pictures, and that's a habit you might
prefer not to get into.  (It's a whole lot easier to spread viruses via
email if you can get the recipient to open an attachment.)

2.  See if her ISP provides some online space where she can store the files
and send you a real URL, rather than a local link.

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml