Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:29:19 -0700
        Hi Susan,
        I take it from your previous posts that cable or DSL aren't in the works
for you and you are trying to squeeze a bit more speed out of your Internet
experience. I know that there are many so called "Modem Optimizers" I tried
a few but I never found any of them to be of any significant value. I don't
know where you live, but you may want to try a different ISP. One that may
be more compatible with your particular modem. AOL is famous for not
connection at a rapid pace. Here in California, Before I got DSL, I used an
ISP called The Grid, who was in turn bought by One Main, in turn bought by
Earthlink. My wife in Morro Bay, CA is still with them as a dial up account.
She consistently connects at 50333 or 53000. She has a new Dell PIII600 with
a "Win Modem". That computer has taken away any qualms I ever had about win
modems. Her dial up browsing experience is in some ways equal to my DSL, due
to net load, with the huge exception of downloading. No contest there, but
not bad for a modem. I used to be an Earthlink customer years ago and hated
them. I have to say now with DSL, they are totally unobtrusive. My .02
worth.

Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

Do any of you out there know of a modem optimizer that you have used and are
effective at increasing speed?

Thank you,
Susan Hays

                     visit our download web page at: