Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:08:22 -0500
Hi Phillip,

Most of the problems people have with Internet Explorer (IE) are security
related and that is a result of it being the world's most popular browser.
Because of this all the bad guys zero in on it, as they do Windows, simply
because their efforts will affect the most computers. A security conscious
user (which the majority are not) who keeps Windows properly patched and
takes a few other steps to protect their computer will have very few, if
any, problems.

As to your question... and someone please educate me if I'm wrong on this,
to my knowledge IE cannot be completely uninstalled. And if it could it
would be more trouble than it's worth. There is a way to 'fool' Windows into
thinking it isn't there that's used primarily as a means to reinstall it,
but it's still there... a part of Windows.

Since you are building, or having built, a new computer disk space shouldn't
be a factor. So I suggest you install Opera on your new machine, set it as
your default browser and forget IE is there. Good luck...

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 6:46 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] delete IE from XP home?

I switched from IE to Opera some time back due to many problems with IE and
have been pleased with Opera's performance since.
 I wish to use Opera on my new build computer and am curious if IE can be
completely uninstalled or if it is too integrated into windows to do so
without
causing instabilities.
Thanx,
Phillip Williams