Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 03:19:39 -0500
I had a similar driver problem with my add-on card reader recently. The
driver update completely disabled the device, but "Roll Back driver"
fixed the problem immediately. I've heard many people complain about
this process, but this is the first time I've seen the evidence.
System restore might be of some help with this problem, but I think I'd
look into the BIOS first, to make sure the port is detected and enabled.

AlohaBev wrote:
> I have Windows XP Home Edition, and my User Account is designated
> "Administrator." I still have to dial up my ISP. According to Modem
> Troubleshooting, I need to "check/enable the modem port." However,
> "PORTS (COM & LPT)" is NOT listed in my Device Manager, nor can I figure
> out how to fix "Modem Removed - Conexant D480 MDC v.92 Modem (COM4)" in
> Network Connections.   What do I do next?  Here's how I got myself in
> this situation:
>
> In doing a MS Windows update last Saturday, I foolishly allowed MS to
> update the drivers for my modem.  The  download/install info window
> indicated the download was successful. and install commenced during
> which my computer suddenly dropped carrier.  When I tried to reconnect,
> I instead got this error message followed by what I've done/learned so far:
> ------------- copy starts -----------------
> Error connecting to Earthlink
>
> Opening port...
>
> Error 797: A connection to the remote computer could not be
> established because the modem was not found or was busy. For
> further assistance, click More Info or search Help and Support
> Center for this error number.
> ----------- copy ends ------------------
> Clicking the More Info button at the bottom of the error message opened
> this:
> ------------- copy starts ----------------
> 797
> This connection requires a modem. Try the following:
>
>  - Close all other programs and try again to establish the
>    connection. Another program might be using the modem or
>    the communication port to which the modem is attached.
>
>  - Make sure that a modem has been installed on your
>    computer.  For more information, see To install a modem.
>
>  - Make sure that the modem is functioning correctly. For more
>    information, see Troubleshooting modems.
> According to Properties in Device Manager, my modem is

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!