Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 18:57:12 -0500
On 18 Mar 01, at 0:35, Paula  wrote:

> When trying to open a file, I got that infamous "open with" list that I
> never know how to chose from. Well, this time I took a guess, and of
> course it was the wrong guess. Now I cannot make another choice because it
> says "this is not a valid addressbook file", which is what I inadvertently
> chose. What do I do now, and how does one EVER know what to choose when
> shown that "open with" list?

Paula, you didn't say your operating system, but as long as it's
Win9x, these directions should work (I'm not familiar with the newer
Windoze, being a diehard 95er).
The best way I've found to change file associations, is in the old
win3x file manager (it doesn't always seem to work using explorer).
To do this, go to Start|Run| and type in winfile, then hit ok.
File Manager will then come up. Go to File|Associate. A small box
will pop up, and in the empty space at the top, type in the extension
you want to change. Don't put any period (dot) in front of it. E.G.,
txt or jpg or whatever the extension of the file you want to open is.
In the drop down box, choose the program you want to change it to
open with, hit OK, and you're all set.
If you encounter the "open with" dialogue in the future, make *sure*
you UNcheck the box that says "always use this program to open this
file" and you can experiment to your heart's content.
Also (very important) if you need help in choosing what program to
use to associate with your file, post the extension of your file back
to the list (best in case I have no clue what it is) or email me off
list and I'll see if I can offer a suggestion. Good luck.

Sue Clark
Bristol, ME

                       http://freepctech.com/rode