Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:22:33 -0500
A friend's computer has me stumped.  She has Windows 95 and IE 5.5.  She was having the problem before updating to IE 5.5.

I cannot get the computer to play midi files.  Wav files play when opening and closing programs so I know it's not the
speakers, and Audio CD's play so someone told me it's not the sound card.  I've checked all the options in IE and under
Advanced the part about playing sounds is checked.  When I pull up the volume controls nothing is muted.  I did notice though
that in the volume controls 'Synthesizer Balance' is grayed out.  Could that be causing it???  I can click on a midi and the
Windows Media Player opens and the slider goes across like it's playing but there's no sound.  I've hunted though everything
and can't find what's causing it not to play.  She's also not getting any sound off the web and I could get nothing through
the radio in IE.  Any ideas anyone???

Thanks
Linda Aldridge

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: