Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 18:33:29 -0600
> > Jim Meagher wrote:
> >
> > > Kelly,
> > >
> > > You may be able to just type in C:\WINDOWS\WIN and press the ENTER key.
> > > Try that and see if it loads.

> Did you try the second half of my suggestion?
> Just copy them both to drive a:
> The ONLY editing you need to do is to add a   C:    to the front
> end of the commands (if it's not already there) in both config.sys
> and autoexec.bat.
>
> The path statements are correct already (otherwise you would not be
> able to do a normal boot from C:)  but when you move the command
> statements to the floppy, you also need to modify the commands
> so that they understand that they need to go to drive C before trying
> to locate the file/program/driver.
Yes, I tried it when you first posted it and it resulted in the CD-ROM
drivers not loading, which was the purpose in this exercise. Then after
you posted this suggestion again, I tried it and I modified the files on
the floppy so that the CD-ROM drivers *would* load, but then all hell
broke loose. At the "A" prompt I typed C:\WINDOWS\WIN and got a message
about "Registry Files not found etc. (it flashed too quickly for me to
read). Then the B.S. (blue screen). "VFAT Device Initialization Failed"
A device or resource required by VFAT is not present or is unavailable.
VFAT cannot continue loading. System halted.
I liked it  when I got the "HIMEM.SYS is missing" message better. I
could just CTRL>ALT>DEL to go to Windows. I have to believe that these
problems involve the proprietary Compaq software (some of which is
disabled to allow IE4.0 installation.) I'll play with this and I really
do appreciate all the help from the list (esp. Mr. Meagher! I'm gonna
send you a disk good for 30 days free on AOL!! ;-).
> For example:
> \WINDOWS\COMMAND\SCANDISK  "says"
> open the windows\command folders -on-the-current-drive- and load the app
> BUT
> C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\SCANDISK  "says"
> go to drive c first and then open the \windows\command folder and
> load the app
>
> Understand the difference?
Not yet, but I'm getting closer with every reboot. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Kelly