Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bruce Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2011 19:45:06 -0700
It is not really clear to me whether you are looking for what is taking up disk (hard drive) space or your computer's memory.

For memory, open task manager with alt-cont-del. It will give you an idea of which programs are using how much memory. There are other programs, some free, that provide a little more information, including giving recommendations on which of the programs are not necessary.

As for your hard drive, I got to the point where I could not run defrag, either because the hard drive was so full. I ended up going through each folder to figure out what was going on. Ended up that some program was leaving huge log files of some sort. (AVG?) You want to look for a series of files with relatively recent dates and no apparent reason for being there. Then do some research about the files.

You can look for duplicate files with the free Clone Spy. I found the interface a little confusing, but if you can get it to work it does a good job of locating duplicates. Although my guess is that you might have some program, perhaps doing log files, perhaps doing backup to your hard drive.

Good luck!

Bruce

--- On Mon, 4/4/11, Michael Lanspa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Michael Lanspa <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [PCSOFT] Space Hogs
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Monday, April 4, 2011, 5:55 PM

Is there a way to see what’s running on my laptop (Win XP) that has sucked all
the memory out of it so that out of 33 Gigs I only have <20 Megs free space?
There isn’t enough memory to run Defrag.  Disc clean didn’t seem to do
anything.  We’ve been dumping programs and e-mail, but nothing seems to help.

          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                     visit our download web page at:
                http://freepctech.com/index.php/downloads