Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2003 00:42:07 -0700
On 21 May 2003, at 15:11, Orf Bartrop wrote:

> Is there a program that will stitch two or more scans together. Let's
> say a large graphic will not fit in an A4 scanner and needs to be
> scanned in two runs. Can it be stitched together and reduced in size for
> transmission as an email attachment?
>
> Orf Bartrop

  There are programs that can stitch multiple digital photos together to
make panoramic ("pano") views.  If you search for pages containing both
"stitch" and "pano", you're likely to find a range of choices.

  Whenever I need to do this (not often), I do it in Photoshop:

1.  Open the first picture and grow its "canvas" big enough to hold the
entire result.

2.  Open the second picture, select all, copy, and paste it into the first --
 it will become a new layer.

3.  Change the combine type of the new layer to "difference".  When the two
shots are exactly overlapped, the overlap area will turn solid black.  Drag
the top layer to the point where this happens.

4.  Change the combine type back to normal, and flatten the image into a
single layer.

5.  Crop, resize, etc, as necessary, and save the result.

David Gillett