Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:52:11 -0500
Hi Loy,

I've followed this thread for a while,but you may be overlooking an obvious solution.
You wrote: ....."For what it is worth, both the old and the new computer plus a
laptop are on a home wireless network."
Why not use this to your advantage?
On XP Pro you should be able to "see" the XP Home setup and access the drive.
For that you have to connect the 2 machines together via the network.

I would try to transfer(copy) the files via this method,since it already exists,
but there are several other methods you can deploy.

1.Use a USB transfer cable - (the one with the "bubble" in it ;).
   XP Home USB port to XP Pro USB port.

2.Somewhat similar to Russ's advice but easier - connect a IDE/SATA-to-USB adapter to
the old drive (leave it in the case -just connect the adapter part) and plug the USB
end into the XP Pro machine.

3.You may want to deploy the native XP Files and settings Transfer Wizard and see if
you can just transfer the FrontPage 2003 files.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/crawford_november12.mspx
It says among other things :" ...If you're not networked, you can use a null modem
serial cable,available at electronic stores or stores that carry computer supplies."
* I would use the USB transfer cable in this case - faster and probably less expensive.
The next 2 links also discuss this wizard - keep in mind that this info is somewhat
dated and you'll need to adjust for today's circumstances and tools.
I realize that this wizard does not transfer the complete program,but maybe some of
it may be enough to satisfy the requirement of the new install on the XP Pro machine.

Failing the above,you can connect the machines via remote access applications,such as
AMMYY  http://www.ammyy.com/en/   or
CrossLoop http://www.crossloop.com/
There are at least another dozen of that type of application that would work for
transfer .Little or no configuration needed for many of them.Some require
registration (free) others don't.

To transfer the files that might make it work,you'd have to gather all of them by
doing a search on your hardrive.
The easiest and most obvious are of course under Program Files,but some will be
stored under your profile in Application Data - possibly under All Users or Admin as
well.The Registry will have numerous entries as well.You could export the relevant
keys and subkeys as .reg files.These you would merge later into the XP Pro Registry.
Be careful not to merge User data that specifically refers to a particular profile
unless the data is generic.Your XP Pro profile will most likely have a different ID
number.
BTW -some DLLs may also have been installed in the WINDOWS folder ( system or
system32) -Other entries are found in the Windows Installer data folder,since
Frontpage uses a .msi (Windows Installer) file. That's why I said to scan the whole
drive for related entries.

Make sure you get the registration number from the Registry as well.
Magical JellyBean may find this for you,but there are others
http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
You may even have the key as well (saved from the first install)

I would start just copying the files in Program Files and then do a test if you can
install from the CD.Continue from there,but keep a record of what you transferred
(copied) (Don't move the files!!) You want to keep the old install intact until you
you are succesfull with the new install.
You could track this with eg WhatChanged  on this page:
http://www.vista-software.com/support.php

Hope this helps to get some perspective on this.

Peter E.