Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:49:42 -0400

The reason you are crashing is another matter.  There are bugs in Excel,
more in 2000 than in XP, with the most bugs in 97.  You should get the
service packs (if MS still has them on their website) for your version of
Office and install them.  This helps with most crashes.
Tom Turak

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Oates [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 11:35 PM

On two recent occasions while working on an Excel spreadsheet, I have done
something - or the operating system has done something! - and the screen
returns
to the desktop.  When I go back into Excel and try to see if the file is
still there somewhere, I finally try to open the file (from a previous save)
and
am advised that the file is locked and being edited by me.  I have the
option
to open a read only, original file, which opens the previously saved
version.

The question, of course, is what happened to my spreadsheet and how do I
"unlock" the file?  The Excel help is absolutely no help!

Bill Oates

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml