Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Brian L. Sanburn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:39:06 -0500
Hello Sherrie...

        What's happening is a feature in Microsoft Internet Explorer (your web
browser) called "Install on Demand" is engaging when it comes across an
appropriate item--your one e-mail apparently--that has some characters
(fonts) that will appear incorrectly without your computer having installed
the appropriate "language."  (There are at least a couple of dozen languages
available from Microsoft for installation.)  If your computer does not have
the required language installed "Install on Demand" asks you if you'd like
to download and install it now.  You may either click "yes" or "no," as you
can see, which applies to the current instance only.  At some point Internet
Explorer (IE) was told to activate "Install on Demand" and so now it will
run in either Outlook Express (MSOE), Internet Explorer (MSIE) and Microsoft
Outlook (MSO).  To deactivate "Install on Demand" you'll need to do the
following (presuming you have Windows 95 or 98):

        1) Click on "Start," "Settings" and then "Control Panel";
        2) Double-click on the "Internet Options" icon;
        3) Click on the "Advanced" tab;
        4) Locate and uncheck the "Enable 'Install on Demand'" feature that appears
(in mine, at least) about nine items down.

        That should take care of your issue.

        Hth,

        Brian

< < you wrote... > >

Hi all, I am glad to find this list (through The Computer Lady). I am
Sherrie Sanders, in WInston-Salem, NC. I have very few problems with my
software but when I do, I am clueless. I hope this list will give me an edge
over the meanies in my machine. Today I have a problem. I hope you can help.

Today I began receiving an error message that I have never received before
and with all the virus hype these days with Outlook Express, I am afraid to
act on the message without first confirming its validity. The following
message pops up with only certain messages in my inbox:  Internet Explorer
Install On Demand (This is in the window's title bar) The message reads: "To
display language characters correctly you need to download and install the
following components - Japanese Text Display Support" I then have an option
to cancel or download a 2.7 MG file. There is a visible option to "never
download these files" with a click box but it is not available to me. (It is
shaded out) Just canceling the message does not resolve anything because
each time I come across one of these messages it pops back up. There does
not seem to be any pattern that I can determine. It does not limit itself to
any one particular sender or subject and there are no attachments involved.
The only consistent thing I see is that it always happens when I click on
those particular messages. I was afraid to just download the files without
confirming the message first. Can anyone help me with this, or do I need to
learn Japanese?

(sigh)

Sherrie

.