Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 14 May 2012 15:30:55 -0700
  Over the last several months, I've been recovering my desktop from a
serious virus/rootkit infection.  At some point, I received an email
offering me a special offer on the latest version of WinZip (I had been
meaning to update it for some time) which would come with a copy of
Kaspersky Antivirus.  I placed my order and received a nice CD-ROM with
both products on it....

  Ultimately, I wound up restoring my system from the disks I had made
(whew!) and started to re-install my various applications, etc.  Fairly
quickly, I found that although I received an address from my router via
DHCP and could resolve Internet addresses via DNS and ping well-known
services.  I could not, however connect to anything -- not even the web
interface of my router.  I guessed I was probably missing one or more
network drivers, but I installed the drivers from all of the original
Dell disks I could find, and downloaded (on my netbook, to a USB drive)
all the drivers for my model from Dell's support site.  When none of
that worked, I wrote up the problem and sent it to PCBUILD as an
OS/networking issue.

  This weekend, I used the restore disks again, and started reinstalling
things and checking tio see if/when the problem reappeared.  It turned
out that Kaspersky Antivirus was the culprit.  I was able to restore the
ability to connect, bit by bit, by turning off various sorts of
protection within Kaspersky.

  I also found that when I tried to reinstall WinZip, it refused the
product key printed on the CD-ROM, saying that license was already in
use.  It was, of course -- for the same PC before the reinstall.  It's
*possible* that the connection problem was Kaspersky's
passive-aggressive response to the same misunderstanding.

  I've downloaded and installed the new version of the Zone Alarm
firewall which now offers antivirus too.

David Gillett

          PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
                     visit our download web page at:
                http://freepctech.com/index.php/downloads