Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 13:25:39 -0800
On 22 Dec 2005 at 1:16, ETRUSCAN~! wrote:

> HI
> i have been on dial up for 8 years and the buffering of audio
> streaming is driving me nuts. now the question. WILL IT BE ANY
> DIFFERENT ON DSL THAN DIALUP or does that have nothing to do with it?
> thanx, chet norris

  There are two possible annoyances associated with buffering of streaming
content:

1.  An initial delay while waiting for stream data to begin to fill the
buffer.  Depending on the client software you use, you may be able to reduce
the amount of buffered data that needs to be received before playback will
start.
  With broadband, the required data should arrive much more quickly, so the
wait will be reduced even without adjusting client settings.

2.  "Stuttering" when the streaming playback "catches up to" the filling of
the buffer, so that it must wait for additional stream data to arrive.
Again, the higher speed of broadband will help, especially if this problem
is being exacerbated by other network activity such as downloads or email at
the same time.  Having a faster connection improves the odds of each
application getting data fast enough without interfering with other
applications' needs.

  Yes, it will be different.  There is some slight chance that it won't be
as good as you might hope, but it will definitely be better than what you
currently experience.

David Gillett

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!