Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:13:59 EST
Dear Listers:

I was recently struck with several viruses (@AOL; Bug.exe; kohv).  After anti-
virus software removed and/or deleted the infected files, I ran into a strange
problem during boot up.

Toward the end of boot up I get a message saying that "the registry or
System.ini refers to the following file.  It cannot be found."  Then something
about whether the file was associated with an application to reinstall that
application.  The files it lists are:
windows/system/vmm32/ntkern.vxd
gckernel.vxd

When I hit the space bar, it continues to boot and the desktop appears.  Then
I get a "Fatal Error" message box that says "Daemon32 was unable to load
gblang.dll".

Although I'm pretty sure I've reinstalled the affected applications, I don't
know what these files are referring to.

My question is:  What are these files for?  How do I find out?  How can I
remove the references to these files?  And, what the heck is Daemon32?

TIA
Kevin Nowicki

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html