Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Lance Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:26:32 +0900
You'll get space, but actually, hard drive performance will likely
*decrease* rather than increase.  You'll need sophisticated equipment to
detect the difference, however.  It will not be noticeable.  But anyone
that's claiming it's faster is probably either smoking something or
indulging in wishful thinking.  There are two FAT tables that have to be
read, rather than one.  No way it's faster; on a great day, with a
downwind, it might be as fast.  Nonetheless, it will save you acres of
space, and that's its only raison d'etre, other than MS had to have
something that would keep up with the state of hard drive technology,
which is constantly being goosed by MS' own tendency toward software
bloat on a previously unimagined scale.  ;-))

Lance

On 21 Nov 98, at 19:01, Sami Al-Mohssen wrote:

> I strongly recomend that you upgrade to fat 32. You will get some extra HD
> space (i got an extra 200MB from my 4.1 GB HD)and the performance of the
> hard drive should increase a lillt bit (mine increased from 2.88MB to
> 3.12MB). Also, win98 tends to load a bit faster.
>
> good luck
>
> sami

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: