Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 23:09:55 -0400
I switched from Quicken to Money last year.  While it took a bit of getting
used to, I am glad now that I made the switch.  A big bonus is that Money
gives you three years of free, toll-free, unlimited telephone support with
real people actually talking to you on the phone.  Intuit places as
impervious a barrier as possible between itself and its customers.

What motivated the switch was when I learned that Quicken was going to do
drop Checkfree, a world-class bill-payment service with absolutely
first-class personal free telephone tech support (whom I had found reliable
and responsible for over 10 years - if they (or the post office) messed up,
they straightened it out) and start doing their own "Intuit" payment
service.  And Quicken charges twice as much for its bill-pay service as
Money does.  I don't need to try to deal with Intuit about a late check
either, thank you very much.

I also learned that Quicken was changing another aspect of service.  I have
always downloaded my bank statements, credit card statements, etc. into my
finance program.  This is built into the software that you purchased and any
ongoing expense is the bank's - it costs Quicken nothing.  I learned that
Quicken was planning on trying to make some money off of this ongoing
service between you and your bank by disabling the ability to download a
bank statement manually into a .qid (or something like that) file that you
could then import into Money/Quicken, so that in future, you will HAVE to
download directly into the finance software.  They have figured out a way to
charge the banks for the format so that the banks have to pass some of the
cost onto you and I, meaning that downloads from many banks and credit cards
may no longer be free.

For a while the manual download was still possible.  I think when Quicken
saw all the forums were suggesting NOT upgrading to the next version because
of the expenses, Quicken decided to disable the manual file download and
change the formats so people couldn't get downloads at all unless they
bought the new version and paid the
ongoing download fees.

Long story short, Quicken just got a leetle too greedy for me - I had to say
"bye-bye."

I have been happy with Money.  I especially appreciate their 3-yr FREE
unlimited telephone support.

If you do switch, let me know - I'll pass along a few tips.

AnnaSummers