Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick D'Alton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:58:29 -0500
Hello, my nameis Rick D'Alton. I need some advice/help with a problem I'm having with MS publisher 2000. Back in the late ' 90s I purchased from Dell an L dimension desktop running win ' 98. It came bundled with works suite 2000, which included pub. 2000. The package came with all the cds. I learned to use pub 2000 and grew to like it very much. I especially liked the email and web project part. You could do some cool stuff with music and graphics objects including special entry / exit effects which affected how and when your graphics or music objects appeared and disappeared. It also had a playback feature which allowed you to fine tune the way the project would appear.
Not long ago I inherited a newer faster Gateway running windows XP. The dell machine sort of died. I installed works suite 2000 (in cluding publisher 2000 and the installation went just fine. However....when I load pub 2000, it will not allow me to save any projects, (gives an error message), and the 'replay' and 'preview' features in the  email / web project function do not work.All the other programs work fine. I can't figure it out. Is it possible that Dell or Microsoft purposely disables certain programs so they can't be loaded on a machine other than the the one they came with? Is there any thing I can do short of buying a new pub program. I already bought this one! Frustrated...RD (thanks)