Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:52:06 -0400
Good evening Michael

This file "wmencagt.exe" is not a win98se standard file (I don't
have one!)  So reinstalling windows itself I don't think will
replace it.

Is it possible on start up win.ini/system.ini startup menu or
registry etc might be looking for it ?  have you looked and tried
removing it from there ?  Be careful within the registry!  Back
it up First before making any changes/deletions.

What about reinstalling the application that took it,  copying it
to another location and then reuninstall ?

I know that doesn't really answer your question(s)  but it may
give you some alternatives

Christy White

On 8/2/01 at 4:53 PM Michael Eisenstadt wrote:

>I introduced a problem by downloading MS's WindowsMedia
>for streaming servers and then deleting it because
>it took up so much space -- the download alone is 25mb.
>
>To delete it I was forced to delete wmencagt.exe and
>c:\windows\applog\wmencagt.lgc files -- I now think I should
>have moved them or renamed them.
>
>The problem is that now a Search splash screen appears
>when booting. Is wmencagt.exe in my Win 98SE install CD,
>perhaps hiding in a .cab file? Or would I need to
>reinstall 98SE to retrieve this executable? Or should
>I just resign myself to exiting the Search splash
>screen for ever more?
>
>I do realize that this is not mission critical but if
>anyone can help me fix this I would be very appreciative.
>
>Michael Eisenstadt

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com