Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 07:51:03 -0600
Hi Gordon,

There has been several good responses to your initial post but, from this
reply, I think you missed the point that hibernate and standby are two
different power states, not equivalent. I suggest you go to Start Menu\Help
and Support and enter "Power Options" in the search box. The resulting
information will explain the differences. One suggestion was to check the
documentation that came with your computer, another source. Finally, you can
check the computer manufacturers Web site, as well as conducting a search of
the Internet using your favorite search engine.

Your posts indicate you have been using the Standby option.

Sven Swanson, Sr.
The NoSpin Group, Inc.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gordon Totty" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:42 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Hibernation

Thanks for the helpful replies.  At this point I am ready to assume that
Stand By and Hibernate are equivalent terms.  When my computer goes into
Stand By, the HDD stops spinning, the monitor goes into a black screen, low
power state, etc.  When I come out of Stand By, it is necessary to press the
power button on the computer.  Then, the screen comes to life and I have to
click on my user icon.  It all goes very fast.  I've never had a problem
with this, and use it most often, only rebooting about once or twice per
week.

I checked in Screen Saver, as directed, and found under the Power option
that Hibernate is enabled.  Were it not, I was prepared to not enable it
owing to the critical comments posted about it.  However, it works
flawlessly for me.

Gordon Totty

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml