Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 22:07:54 -0500
Earl Truss wrote:

> Yes, a lot of people think $30 is too much to pay, but there must be enough
> who think it is OK else they would not get enough people to buy the Beta
> version to make it worthwhile.  That is, they don't need to give it away to
> testers because enough will pay to do it.

Years ago, the developers paid US to beta test (a free final version)
Now we have let them turn the table around the other way.

It's sad to say, but we stand in line to give them our hard earned
money so we can do THEIR work for them.

I think that the average American consumer has been so overwhelmed
with advertising, that his/her brain is numb.  I still find it amazing
that people plunk down $4-5 for a computer "magazine" that is well
over 60% advertising.  sigh....

'Course we are also the country that firmly believes that
"If you're not wearing dorkers, you're just wearing pants"...duh...

--
Jim Meagher
=====