Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2004 03:54:23 -0400
I didn't see any replies to this, so I'll give it a try.
This sounds like some kind of Spyware-maybe a toolbar or some other Browser
Helper Object.
I would go to IE/Tools/Advanced and check the "Restore Defaults" box.
Uncheck all the Accessibility boxes.
Run Ad Aware http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
Run Spybot S & D   http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html   (Turn on
the immunize option).
You may also need "Hijack this"
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
Look in Add/Remove Programs for any Toolbars or other advertising options
and uninstall them. I use the Google toolbar for its popup blocker and
searching convenience. All the others seem to contain some form of Spyware,
'though I haven't fully researched this.
Create a limited Account for your daughter.(Control Panel/Users). Kids will
be kids and a limited account will keep her from making significant changes
to the computer. Kids are also pretty smart, so keep your password from her.
*******************************

The abnormal displaying began probably a month ago and I can't pinpoint what
may have changed. Not all web pages have the same display "problem"...some
pages don't always fill the whole screen meaning I have a large white border
on the right hand part to the screen. On others the font appears to be
larger than usual and sometimes it is so large it wraps on the screen. In
some cases the boxes that you can click on, their titles do not appear to
fit in the box. One example, wellsfargo.com, the page displays with at least
its text at 72 pt. font!
    I checked my screen resolution and it is at 1024 x 768. I believe this
is the default setting. I tried setting it to 800 x 600 but that makes
everything somewhat blurry. I checked the text size under the View option in
Internet Explorer and it shows the size as smallest. As a work around when I
need to, I've gone into Tools, Internet Options, Accessibility and checked
all the formatting boxes (not the user style sheet box).
    I know I didn't have this problem when I first got this computer, so any
idea what may have caused it to change? I do have a daughter who does use
the internet for e-mail (yahoo) and other sites related to
disney/nickolodean etc. Even though I stress to her to ask before clicking
on any pop up box that asks her to change things, perhaps she clicked
something that did this? I did have GhostSurf on my computer for a short
while but like I said, I can't exactly pinpoint when this started. I have
uninstalled GhostSurf...no change.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml