Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dharmendra Sharan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 12:08:53 +0530
Hi Gary,

    Yes, Apache 1.3.3 (downloadable free from http://www.apache.org/ ) onwards
is available for windows platform (95/NT) as a self extracting executable.

    Infact I have been using the same since last 6-8 months on my PC (pentium
S-133Mhz; Win95; 16MB RAM; 2.1 GB HDD).

PS: approx 80% of webservers on Internet run Apache as web server including my
       organisation's web site: http://www.duettech.com/ as well as our
corporate Intranet

    I don't have a specific recomendation as far as any book for learning HTML
/ CGI programming / Applets / Java Servlets / ASP / etc is concerned.

    You may start with a book of your choice which explains -
1.    clearly the process how "http" requests are handled at web-server and
client's browser.
2.    HTML tags (after a while You may want to graduate to CSS / XML /
DHTML...)
3.    "cgi-bin" ie Common Gateway Interface concept, ie how web server based
applications
        can call legacy applications/databases etc using CGI. (You may need to
pick up
        scripting languages like PERL etc.)
4.     Further, what are 'Java Applets', How can applets/JavaScript make web
pages come to
        life with interactivity, and importantly how to write an applet? (You
need to learn JAVA
        programming language for this.).
5.     going forward, Active Server Pages (asp), VbScript, Java Server Pages,
XML, ...

    If You have any problems/querries, do let me know ASAP.

regds,

Dharmendra Sharan
Member of Technical Staff
Duet Technologies Ltd.

Gary Perkins wrote:

> Morning all,
>
> Can I run a "web server" like Apache, for personal use, from my PC (Gateway
> 200; Win95; 64K; 4GB)?  And, if yes what is a good source from which I can
> learn what I need, and what I need to do?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Gary Perkins
> HIGH-TECH REFERRAL SERVICE
> ..........a new concept in recruiting
>
> http://sites.netscape.com/gsperkins2168/index.htm
>
>                 Curious about the people moderating your
>                    messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                      http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com