Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:49:50 -0600
From: Melissa Walker Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Wants disk in A at boot

> My PC is only about a month old, and it didn't ask for a disk in A at
first.  The system clock seems fine.  It is Windows NT.  I get the message
just before I get the "hit ctrl-alt-delete to log in" window, and the
desktop behind it looks like Windows - greenish, not blue or black.

"There is no disk in Drive A" (Abort, Retry, Ignore).  I don't recall any
major changes around that time.  I tried turning off the "floppy disk"
checking on my virus scan (InoculateIT); that didn't matter.
> Any ideas why it's doing this?

Melissa,

The Win32 subsystem automatically starts the Windows logon process and at
the same time the Service Controller looks through the registry for services
that are set to load automatically.  Since the error states "System Process"
and occurs just before the logon I would check the Event Viewer to see if
you can identify the system process that is causing the access of the floppy
drive.  Event Viewer opens to System events by default.  Check for an event
that has a yellow exclamation point or red stop sign by it.  This should be
the System Process that is trying to access your A drive.  Once you have
identified the System process hopefully you can then figure out how to stop
it from trying to access your floppy drive.

Mary Wolden

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html