Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:51:17 -0700
  The typical "home" (BRI) ISDN line provides four channels:  two
64KB data channels, a "control" channel (16KB, if I recall correctly,
but that's not really important) and a voice phone channel.

  So specific points relveant to this post:

1.  The voice channel can be used without taking away from data
bandwidth.

2.  The data channels are 64K, not 56K.

3.  Billing for a line like this is typically base + usage; you can
use both data channels to get 128K of bandwidth, but the usage charge
is doubled while that is enabled.

4.  Voice calls are still going to be subject to long distance
charges, and since the poster already has broadband, the 128K of data
bandwidth coesn't really change the question.

David Gillett

On 24 Aug 2001, at 13:33, Bobby Herring wrote:

> I work at home also and I use an ISDN line from Sprint. It has two
> separate digital lines(with two phone #'s) and can supposedly be used as
> a voice and data line at the same time. I think it takes away one of the
> 56k lines when voice is used and returns it to use when the call is
> terminated. I don't that feature because I have no need.
>
> The line cost is about $80.00 a month here and the ISP charge is $35.
> Might solve your problem.
> Bob

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml