Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:21:08 -0400
Greetings Calvin, et al.--
----- Original Message -----
From: "Calvin Peters" <[log in to unmask]>

> I'm getting a error, which halts windows startup (until you clear the
> message box) that says:"MPREXE caused an invalid page fault in module
> <unknown> at 0000:5c53574f.... "
>
> Since I've been getting the error, ALL of my internet apps, IE,
> Netscape, Outlook Express, crash with "...has performed an illegal
> operation..." errors when I start them up after connecting to the
> internet w/ my modem.

I am not aware of any sure-fire cure for this, as .pwl files are not the
only cause.
My most frequent experience with MPREXE errors has been on a Novell network
with Win9x clients running client 32 (Novell), and HP network printers.  One
suggested cure was to delete a file known as (if my memory is correct)
hpjdnt.dll from
the c:\windows\system directory.  This solution may only be effective
(dubiously at that)
in our particular situation.  The MPR stands for multiple protocol routing
(or something
like that), and its purpose is to allow things like IPX/SPX, TCP/IP, etc. to
"get along."

The work-around that most often works for me is to immediately click OK (or
whatever
the button label is) to dismiss the error dialog, then click Start -> Run ->
type mprexe in
the box, then click OK.  Its not perfect, you may have to do it more than
once, but it
should allow you to use your Internet apps.

HTH,

Paul A. Shippert

---