Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Richard J. Doyle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 14:59:32 -0600
I would never under any circumstances run two virus scanners at the same
time.  It should be fine having more than one installed, but active
scanning like McAfee's Virus Guard should be shut off while running another
one.

Richard J. Doyle
members.tripod.com/~Doyle_R/index.htm

There should be some things we don't name.  Just so we can sit around all
day and wonder what they are.

-----Original Message-----
From:   [log in to unmask] [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Sunday, February 08, 1998 8:53 AM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: virus that McAfee can't detect (2 Virus Scanners)

  The same is true with McAfee.  I have both programs, and check
> for updates at least once a week.
>
>                                         Terry L. Clark
>                                         (formerly [log in to unmask])
I have McAfee VirusScan, which I've been using for a long time, and a
Cheyenne virus scanner which I didn't even install because I gathered
that having 2 scanners installed on the same machine can cause
problems.  Read this from Eliashim, for example:
We do not recommend having two Anti-virus products on one computer is
not a good idea as they both hold within them information about
viruses - and this may result in one program finding non-existent
viruses in the other... What we call false alarms. Also both programs
try to probe the computer's workspace i.e. memory, HD, etc. conflicts
are bound to occur!
Now I hear that many people use several scanners.  Should I install
Cheyenne?

Thank you.
David Jonathan Justman

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]