Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:26:26 -0500
I noticed that on a HP system that had a 500 mhz Athalon processor that audio cd's took forever. That box had a factory installed burner and used W98. I was assuming that the applet used for burning audio (Roxio) did not contain whatever it needed to burn at the higher speeds. My box is also a Celeron 400 and I installed a burner, but it came bundled with Nero. This program allows you to select different burning speeds, and due to the slow processor speed, I am finding that the best burning speed is 8X 1200kps. When burning at this speed, I no longer experience buffer under-runs, and only takes about 10-11 minutes to burn an entire audio cd. Perhaps the applet you are using has an available upgrade (like my old HP/ Roxio) but the upgrade had a $49.00 price tag. The up side is that the upgrade was available as a download.

I guess the bottom line is $49.00 upgrade, or $49.00 new program. All in where priorities are lined up.

My two cents... HTH

Dean Kiley
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jim Prettyman
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 6:29 PM
  Subject: [PCSOFT] slow cd coping

  Has anyone got any help for slow audio cd coping. I can copy a plain
  program cd in a few
  minutes but it seems to take hours to copy a audio cd. I am on a older
  Celron 400, with
  a 24x cd reader and a 4x cd burner. Using Easy CD Creator's  cd copier program.
  All suggestions will be appreciated

  Jim Prettyman